Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Triumphant return?

pb sandwich
1 large glass of strawberry, orange, banana juice
2 packs of ramen noodles (chicken)
1 bag of hot buffalo wing pretzels
bottle of orange juice
bottle of coke
2 spicy chicken sandwiches with cheese, swiss chalet sauce
2 nestea ice pops

So I'm back. I told you it'd be a month. Anyway, things are a bit different now. Specifically, I'm living by myself. (Woo!) And, by virtue of doing so, I have to adjust back to cooking for 1, maybe 2 in case i want to have leftovers for lunch the next day.
But what does this mean for you? Well, it means that in a few weeks once I can stock up on ingredients and maybe a little bit of colour for the cabinets, I'll be doing the cooking show again... perhaps making it a monthly thing. I've got an idea for red wine hamburgers I'd love to test out, as well as playing with pizza, teriyaki, hot sauce and other assorted things.
I forgot how much I like living alone. I'm still not used to it again but I enjoy it. I've got posters up in rooms where I didn't when I was living with someone. Now that I'm back to living on my own it's like a massive weight has been lifted off of me. My life is, at this point, starting over again. That being said, my most previous roommate was for all intents and purposes one of the better ones I've had the fortune to have and I do wish him well/hear from him regularly.
And it's starting out very tired. I haven't had a cup of coffee since Friday and my physical dependence on the thick, black god of caffiene is kicking me in the ass. I'm currently attempting to appease it with a bottle of coke.
It didn't work. I have a new bed and would like nothing more than to crash into it.

-------------------------------

Last night I tried something that may well impede my attempts at an active, healthy life. I had a taste, albeit brief, of the sort of dark substance that has consumed the soul of many a man, woman and child.
Last night, I played World Of Warcraft for the first time. I didn't create a character or start from the beginning. No, I helped a friend in PVP which is apparently one of the toughest means to play. It was fun but very busy and rather difficult to keep track of everything that was going on. I'm not going to say I schooled anything or kicked any sort of ass, far from it, but I did get a hit or two in.
Now Shin Megami Tensei: Imagine, that was a neato game to try and sorry R1 for installing it on your system, but R2 said it'd be okay and if you want to delete it then go for it. If you play it, it'll be lofi compared to what you normally play but interesting I hope.
And now that I've had a taste of how the other half lives, am I bound and determined to dive into PC gaming? Am I ready to trade my controller collection for a gamer keyboard and attack mouse? Am I going to turn my back on what I've loved dearly since I played Smurf Rescue on the coleco vision?
In a word, no. My main computer is mainly for communications, media and if I play any games, they are typically emulated classic console games. My music computer which will be getting its own monitor at some point soon is mainly used for making music and occasionally playing the translation of Persona 2: Innocent Sin. Besides, I'm going to be too busy playing and analyzing console games for Bit Literate, I'm not sure when I'm going to have the time!

No comments:

Post a Comment